Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Crockpot Dijon Mustard "Honey" Chicken - Trim Healthy Mama Recipe!



1 lb - cubed boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 tsp powered Stevia (this is to add a honey-like sweetness to the dish)
3 TBSP Dijon Mustard
1 TBSP dried chopped onion flakes or 2 1/2 TBSP fresh, chopped onions
4 TBSP filtered water
1/2 tsp kosher salt 
1/2 tsp of pepper
if you like spicy dishes like I do, sprinkle some red peppers to over chicken (or I would guess 1/4 tsp to every 1lb) - I left it off until after I got hubby portions at the end.

Stir all items together and throw in the crockpot on high for 2 hours

Since this is an "E Meal" for sides we had green beans & brown rice w/butter - YUM!

If you like, this can easily become a freezer meal! :D

I have personally tried this recipe - the flavor was AMAZING, it was just slightly dry. So next time I plan to marinade everything for a couple of hours before cooking, maybe even overnight. :)

~Feel free to pin or share, please just make sure to link back here! Also we would LOVE to hear your comments on what you think of this meal, please come back and share with us~ 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! You should start linking up your THM posts to Trim Healthy Tuesday! :-)
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to remember about adding it Tuesday! :D

      Delete

Please leave comments, we so enjoy reading them and responding. Please be kind and considerate with what you say, we will not post nasty comments. I also allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!